DevOps & Kubernetes engineer job opening
This position has been filled. See our active job listings here.
We are looking for a full-time, salaried DevOps / Kubernetes engineer to work on cloud hosting projects with our clients and our internal hosting team.
End Point Dev is an Internet technology consulting company based in New York City, with 50 employees serving many clients ranging from small family businesses to large corporations. We are going strong after 26 years in business!
Even before the pandemic most of us worked remotely from home offices. We collaborate using SSH, Git, project tracking tools, Zulip chat, video conferencing, and of course email and phones.
What you will be doing:
- Automate, set up, support, and maintain complex containerized applications in the cloud.
- Audit and improve security, backups, reliability, monitoring.
- Work together with End Point Dev co-workers and our clients’ in-house staff.
- Use your desktop operating system of choice: Linux, macOS, or Windows.
- Work with open source software and contribute back as opportunity arises.
You’ll need professional experience with:
- Production Kubernetes administration on Amazon EKS (2+ years)
- Linux and common distributions including Ubuntu, RHEL/CentOS
- Public clouds such as AWS, GCP, Azure, Linode, DigitalOcean
- Containerization with Docker and/or Podman
- IaC tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, Salt
- CI/CD pipelines, release management
- Git version control, GitHub or GitLab
- Scripting and programming with bash, Python, Ruby, Go, etc.
- OS fundamentals, networking, and firewalls
- HTTP, REST APIs
You have these important work traits:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail
- Tenacity in solving problems and focusing on customer needs
- A feeling of ownership of your projects
- Work both independently and as part of a team
What work here offers:
- Collaboration with knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and diligent co-workers around the world
- Freedom from being tied to an office location
- Flexible, sane work hours
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- (For U.S. employees:) Health insurance subsidy and 401(k) retirement savings plan
Get in touch with us:
Please email us an introduction to email@example.com to apply.
(This job has been filled.)
Include your location, a resume/CV, your Git repository or LinkedIn URLs, and whatever else may help us get to know you.
We look forward to hearing from you! Direct work seekers only, please—this role is not for agencies or subcontractors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.