Job opening: Linux system administration and DevOps remote engineer
Photo by Kevin Horvat on Unsplash
(This position has been filled.)
We are looking for a full-time, salaried engineer to work during business hours in UTC-10 to UTC-6 (somewhere between Hawaii Time and Mountain Time) in the fun space where operations and development overlap!
End Point is a 23-year-old Internet technology consulting company based in New York City, with about 50 employees, most working remotely from home offices. We collaborate using SSH, GitLab, GitHub, chat, video conferencing, and good old email and phones.
We serve many development and hosting clients ranging from small family businesses to large corporations.
What you will be doing:
- Remotely set up and maintain Linux servers (mostly RHEL/CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu), with custom web applications
- Audit and improve security, backups, reliability, monitoring
- Support developer use of major language ecosystems
- Automate provisioning with Terraform, Ansible, Chef, Puppet, etc.
- Troubleshoot problems with performance, automation, security
- Use open source tools and contribute back as opportunity arises
- Use your desktop OS of choice: Linux, macOS, Windows
What you bring:
Professional experience with Linux system administration and web application support:
- Cloud providers such as DigitalOcean, Linode, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, Heroku, etc.
- TLS and PKI
- Web servers and HTTP
- Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Solr, Elasticsearch, CouchDB, MongoDB, etc.
- Libraries in Ruby gems, PHP PEAR/PECL, Python PyPI, Node.js npm, Perl CPAN, Java/JVM JARs, etc.
- Security consciousness, and ideally familiarity with PCI DSS, HIPAA, etc.
And just as important:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A good remote work environment
- An eye for detail
- Tenacity in solving problems
- Ownership of projects to get things done well
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Focus on customer needs
- Be part of emergency on-call rotation including weekends
- Willingness to shift work time after hours for occasional scheduled work
What work here offers:
- Flexible full-time work hours
- Paid holidays and vacation
- For U.S. employees: health insurance subsidy and 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Freedom from being tied to an office location
- Collaborate with knowledgeable, friendly, and diligent co-workers around the world
Getting in touch with us:
Please email us an introduction to [email protected] to apply. Include your location, a resume/CV, your GitHub or LinkedIn URLs, or whatever else helps us get to know you.
We look forward to hearing from you! Full-time employment seekers only, please—this role is not for agencies or subcontractors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.