Job opening: VisionPort support engineer (western U.S.)
We are looking for an engineer to join the End Point Immersive and Geospatial Support (I+G) Team—a small, multidisciplinary team that supports our company’s clients with their VisionPort systems incorporating Liquid Galaxy technology. VisionPort hardware consists of large-panel HD TVs within a curved panoramic environment, supported by a server stack with power, video, audio, and network connections and equipment.
The candidate will be based out of a home office in the western United States (Washington, Oregon, California, Idaho, Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, and Texas). The engineer will be asked to travel to, perform, and supervise system installations, in addition to day-to-day remote support work from a home office.
Occasional evenings and weekend on-call shifts are shared amongst the team.
This is a great entry-level opportunity for people already familiar with light audiovisual, server room, and/or installation handiwork to get experience with all aspects of production computer systems and their deployment. More experienced individuals will have the opportunity to work directly in feature development on production systems and possibly assist with other ongoing consulting projects the I+G team takes on.
- Job Level: Entry-level or experienced, full-time or part-time.
- Location: Remote work with occasional on-site.
- Environment/Culture: Casual, remote management, lots of video meetings.
- Benefits: For full-time employees, paid vacation and holidays, 401(k), health insurance.
- Support clients over email and video calls, troubleshooting system features or content.
- Build server stacks, troubleshoot hardware, and fix software issues during installation.
- Track, monitor, and resolve system issues on production computer systems.
- Report and document issues and fixes.
- Adapt to differing needs day to day!
Preferred skills and experience
- A driver’s license is required for travel.
- Comfortable with basic installation tools: hand drill, cable dressing, cable pulls, crimping, etc.
- Experience on an active construction or office renovation site.
- Working familiarity with computers, general exposure to internal components and software.
- Self-driven, results-, detail-, and team-oriented, follows through on problems.
- Familiarity with Linux basics, or willingness to learn.
What work here offers:
- Flexible work hours
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Freedom from being tied to an office location
- Collaboration with knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and diligent co-workers around the world
About End Point
End Point is the leading global agency for developing, deploying, and supporting VisionPort systems. With over 200 installations and events worldwide, our team of engineers and content developers has a deep knowledge of the hardware, software, and aesthetics that can make a VisionPort come to life as a dazzling data, business, education, or presentation tool.
End Point was founded in 1995 and now has over 60 engineers based throughout North America, Europe, and Asia. This team brings decades of experience in systems management, database programming, web platform development, application development, and more specifically, VisionPort development and support.
Get in touch with us
Please email us an introduction to email@example.com to apply!
Include your location, resume, LinkedIn URL (if any), and whatever else may help us get to know you. You can expect to interview with the Support Lead and Team Manager.
We look forward to hearing from you! Direct work seekers only, please—this role is not for agencies or subcontractors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.