Job opening: Ruby on Rails & Vue.js developer
This position has been filled. See our active job listings here.
We are seeking a full-time software engineer specializing in Ruby on Rails and Vue.js to work with us on our clients’ applications.
End Point is an Internet technology consulting company based in New York City, founded 25 years ago! We have over 50 employees serving many clients ranging from small family businesses to large corporations.
Even before the pandemic most of us worked remotely from home offices. We collaborate using SSH, Git, project tracking tools, Zulip chat, video conferencing, and of course email and phones.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new web applications and support existing ones for our clients
- Consult with clients on software features and plans
- Work together with End Point co-workers and our clients’ in-house staff
- Use open source tools and contribute back as opportunity arises
What you bring:
Professional experience developing and supporting web applications in these technical areas:
- Frameworks and libraries such as Vue.js, React, Angular
- Databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis, Solr, Elasticsearch, etc.
- Security consciousness
- Git version control
- Automated testing
- HTTP, REST APIs
These work traits are just as important:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An eye for detail
- Tenacity in solving problems and focusing on customer needs
- A feeling of ownership of your projects
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- Ability to pass a criminal background check when clients require
- A good remote work environment and self-discipline
What work here offers:
- Collaborate with knowledgeable, friendly, helpful, and diligent co-workers around the world
- Flexible, sane work hours
- Paid holidays and vacation
- Annual bonus opportunity
- Freedom from being tied to an office location
- Use your desktop OS of choice: Linux, macOS, Windows
- For U.S. employees: health insurance subsidy and 401(k) retirement savings plan
Get in touch with us:
Please email us an introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
(This job has been filled.)
Include your location, a resume/CV, your Git repository or LinkedIn URLs, and whatever else may help us get to know you.
We look forward to hearing from you! Direct work seekers only, please—this role is not for agencies or subcontractors.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.