Immersive and GIS Developer Job Opening
This position has been filled. See our active job listings here.
We are looking for a full-time, salaried engineer to help us further develop our software, infrastructure, and hardware integration for our shared immersive system, End Point Liquid Galaxy.
What you will be doing:
- Develop new software involving 3D GIS, panoramic video, Google Earth, a custom CMS, and ROS (Robot Operating System)
- Improve the system with automation, monitoring, and customizing configurations to customers’ needs
- Provide remote and occasional on-site troubleshooting and support at customer locations
- Build tours and supporting tools for emerging markets
- Integrate and test new hardware to work with the system
What you will need:
- Sharp troubleshooting ability
- Experience with “devops” automation tools such as Chef
- Strong programming experience in one or more of these languages:
- Linux system administration skills
- A customer-centered focus
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience directing your own work, and working remotely as part of a team
- Enthusiasm for learning new technologies
Bonus points for experience with:
- Contributing to open source projects
- Working with GIS, e.g., ESRI, Mapbox, Open Street Map, KML, CesiumJS, Google Maps API
- Maker, Blender, 3D modeling
- Packaging software (e.g., dpkg/apt, catkin), building custom OS images, PXE booting
- Working with Linux device drivers and networking
- Doing image and video capture and processing, 360° video, or virtual reality
- Using PostgreSQL or other databases
- Experience with Unity or Unreal Engine
- Writing server-side web applications with Django
- Experience with machine learning (e.g., RASA)
- Working with SAGE2
- Working with web client technology such as HTML, CSS, DOM, browser extensions
End Point is a technology consulting company founded in 1995 and based in New York City, with around 50 employees working from our offices in New York City, the tri-cities area in eastern Tennessee, and from home offices around the globe. We serve over 200 clients ranging from small family businesses to large corporations, using a variety of open source technologies. Our team works together using collaboration tools including SSH, tmux, Zulip, Google Hangouts, wiki, Trello, and GitHub.
Please contact us at email@example.com to apply.
(This job has been filled.)
Include a resume, your GitHub and/or LinkedIn URLs, and anything else that would help us get to know you. We’re excited to hear from you!