Liquid Galaxy Sysadmin+ Wanted
This position has been filled. See our active job listings here.
End Point Corporation is hiring for a motivated and creative GNU/Linux systems administrator. The work will primarily involve installing, supporting, maintaining and developing infrastructure improvements for Google Liquid Galaxy systems. Liquid Galaxy is an impressive panoramic system for Google Earth and other applications. Check it out!
- Set up and upgrade Liquid Galaxy Systems at client locations. (Some travel is required, including internationally.)
- Do on site and remote troubleshooting and support.
- Participate in ongoing work to improve the system with automation, monitoring, and customizing configurations to clients’ needs.
- Provide first-class customer service.
- BS degree or equivalent experience
- At least 3 years of experience with Linux systems administration
- Strong scripting skills in shell, and also Python, Ruby, Perl or PHP
- Proven technical troubleshooting and performance tuning experience
- Excellent analytical abilities along with a strong sense of ownership and urgency, plus the drive and ability to rise to new challenges and master new skills
- Awareness and knowledge about security issues
- Good communication skills
- The basic physical fitness for putting together and breaking down the hardware components of the system
If you have experience with any of the following it is likely to be useful:
- Geospatial systems
- Sketchup, Building Maker, Blender, general 3D modelling
- OpenGL application development
- Image processing
- Video capture, processing, and production technologies
While we have a strong preference that this position be a hire for our New York City office where most of our Liquid Galaxy team is located, we don’t entirely rule out the possibility of hiring someone who works out of his or her home office if the fit is right.
Please email email@example.com to apply.
(This job has been filled.)