Jeremy is proficient at Intel assembler and C, with a basic understanding of C++, HTML, CSS, and PHP. He believes that the majority of software development should be in design and documentation; then the remainder is “a simple matter of coding”. He especially enjoys transforming technical expertise in his mental landscape into someone else’s mental map, in terms that will be meaningful to them. Jeremy enjoys absorbing knowledge from team members and in turn teaching them.
Jeremy’s first half of his career was in systems software, supporting Intel’s math coprocessors, compilers, linkers, loaders, profilers, text editors, APIs, and ROM BIOS.
The second half of his career has been in various special projects and in tech support and some web development. He has done much tech writing and how-to manuals as an auxiliary part of his jobs.
- Testout Windows 7 & 8 Client Pro Certification, Kennebec Valley Community College, Maine, 2014.
- Testout Windows Server 2012 Certification, Kennebec Valley Community College, Maine, 2014.
- ITIL (Information Technology Infrastructure Library) Foundation Certificate, 2006.
- Red Hat Linux Boot Camp (I and II), 2005.
- Information Security Certificate, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester, Massachusetts, 2004.
- Local Area Networking Certificate, Northeastern University, Boston, Massachusetts, 2003.
- B.A., St. John’s College, Annapolis, Maryland, 1980.
Jeremy enjoys cooking, reading, and being with friends (usually online nowadays). He has two children who are grown and on their own. He has one cat, who often tries to “help” him when he is at the computer trying to work.